Faiths that regularly meet at the Geelong Interfaith Network
- Baha'i (see below)
- Byakko Shinko Kai
- Christian Science
- Christian Spiritualist Church
- Church of Christ
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Family Federation for World Peace
- Hindu (see below)
- One Fire Reconciliation Group
- Society of Friends (Quaker)
- Uniting Church
- Unity (see below)
- Universal Peace Federation
"Peace! Shalom! Salaam Alaikum! Pray for Peace in the Middle East"
For more information on the Baha'i faith you can go to:
The Carrum Downs Shri Shiva Vishnu Temple has its place among the Hindu temples now all over the world. The vision, dedication, courage and indomitable spirit of Hindu Society of Victoria gave the Hindu community of Victoria a priceless and everlasting legacy in the form of a truly magnificent temple.
Unity is a worldwide spiritual movement with an extremely positive approach to life - seeking to celebrate the good in ourselves and all people... Unity teaches the Bible with metaphysical meanings. Unity can be practical, metaphysical, and/or mystical. Unity - established 1889.
From the Website 'What we believe' [cited below] :
What is Unity? ...
We address physical, mental and emotional needs through affirmative prayer and spiritual education.
We serve those who seek inspiration and prayer support as well as those who use Unity teachings as their primary path of spiritual growth. We believe that all people are created with sacred worth, and we strive to reach out to all who seek support and spiritual growth. Therefore, we recognize the importance of serving all people in spiritually and emotionally caring ways.
Our ministries and outreaches are ... non-discriminatory and support diversity.
What are Unity's basic teachings?
We encourage you to explore and apply Unity teachings based on your own spiritual understanding. We believe this spiritual understanding is enhanced through reflective prayer and meditation. The five basic ideas that make up the Unity belief system are:
1) God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere. 2) We are spiritual beings, created in God's image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good. 3) We create our life experiences through our way of thinking. 4) There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our connection to God. 5) Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
In Geelong, for info: firstname.lastname@example.org